Your dog will not be a service dog after only 6 lessons as some other training facilities claim.
At Kuality K9 LLC, we go a step above the Americans with Disabilities Act and Texas State laws on all of our Service Dog training. We train to ensure that your service dog will be the best service companion to help you go about your daily life.
Our service dog package includes the following:
Puppies starting from 8 weeks up to 6 months
- In home evaluation (if deemed necessary by Kuality K9 staff)
- Puppy Management Training (2-one hour sessions)
- American Kennel Club (AKC) STAR Puppy Class (6 week course)
- Group training class (with trainer approval)
Puppies 6 months of age and up start with:
- 14 Day Board and Train
- 2 Private lessons
- Training collar
- 1 year of group class (socialization and distraction work)
- Task training (required; tasks for your disability)
- AKC Canine Good Citizen test
- AKC Canine Community class with test (6 week course)
- Client will start to track 150 hours of taking the dog to dog friendly places after passing Canine Community
- Public Access test
- Certificate and Kuality K9 Patch
- Quarterly follow up for 1 year after Completion
We require a letter or prescription from your doctor for our records to verify that you qualify for a service dog. The doctor may include in their letter what tasks would benefit you the most for your disability. Below are additional reference sites on Federal and State laws.
Service Dogs - ADA.gov
ADA National Network
Texas Service Dog Laws